I’ve been designing this one game prototype for a while. It’s time to set the target so that I can get things done by the time I’m on my way to Play4Agile 2011.
In short: To create a game that is useful in learning about agile software development.
To unwrap it a bit more:
Useful in learning
- Something to interact with
- to help deepen your understanding,
- to raise thoughts and questions,
- to try out ideas.
- Not something to use as the only source of knowledge.
Agile software development
- The paradigm behind the agile manifesto, not specific models (such as Scrum), but the principles of agile and lean.
- For the purpose of a prototype I will have to focus on a limited set of themes.
- To use on your own, along with books and blogs and other sources.
- To use on courses, like exercises, to promote discussion and allow active exploration.
- To use with your colleagues, for another frame of reference and common experiences besides the things you do at work to support peer coaching.
This first game will be a proof of concept. I’m excited to see how it will turn out.